Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Hello-Hello.com

hello-hello.com has got to be one of the coolest new websites I have seen for Language Learning. It's also endorsed by ACTFL. To make it 'awesomer' they just released an app for iPad for $4.99. So here is my attempt at a preview:

Home


  • Register for free (validate via email addy)
  • Create a profile
  • Find/invite friends (Classmates & teachers)
  • Send messages
Learn
  • Lessons are pre-loaded
  • Lessons follow ACTFL (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced)



  • Written/recorded responses are made available for friends to evaluate & provide feedback
Teach
  • Student becomes the teacher
  • Evaluate others speaking or writing
  • Leave feedback via text or audio recording
Communicate
  • Chat with your friends in the target language
  • (Haven't been able to test this yet)
Classroom Integration:
This would be a great website to get your entire class registered on. It could be a weekly computer lab activity. I really like that it has the student taking the role of student & teacher.

This could also be a really inexpensive alternative to a language lab!

Give a try and let me know what you think.

Update: I received an email from Sarah the founder of hello-hello and she gave me a presentation to share with teachers. There are some great ideas for teachers on slides 7-12, including connecting your class with a class from a country in your target language.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this article David. My name is Sarah and i am the founder of Hello-Hello. If you have any questions or need any additional information please let me know. My email is sarah@hello-hello.com

    Cheers!

    Sarah Gontijo

    ReplyDelete