- In iTunes 5 or later, select a favorite song.
- From the File menu, choose Get Info.
- Click Lyrics, then enter the words to the song in the text box.
- Click OK when finished.
- Copy the song to iPod.
If you've entered song lyrics, you can view them at any time in iTunes 5 or later. Just select the song, Get Info for the song, and then click Lyrics. If you want to view them on iPod, do this:
- On iPod, start playing any song to which you've added lyrics.
- Press the Center button repeatedly. The number of times depends on if you have artwork or not. Here's the order of things when you press the Center button:
Play status > Scrubber > Album Art > Lyrics/Description > RatingIf you don't have Album Art or Lyrics, then you'll just see the Rating
Play status > Scrubber > Rating
Lyrics should display correctly in most languages. If they do not, try removing any special characters in the Lyrics pane in iTunes, copy the song back to iPod, and try again.
Some types of files such as WAV and QuickTime files don't support lyrics, though you can convert WAV and QuickTime files into a format that would allow you to add lyrics such as AAC or MP3.