I'm even trying to convince a principal that the Nexus 7 is not the right tablet for her elementary school. (What happened to me? I used to be the one pushing the envelope. I used to be cool!).
Any other educators out there agree/disagree with me? It is too soon for a school to make plans to adopt the Nexus 7, even on a small scale such as a lab.
- It is centered around content consumption and not creation. (Think Bloom's taxonomy. Lower consumption-level device only. OK if you have other devices on campus; not OK if this is a primary device.)
- There are not enough tablet apps at this point in the Google Play store.
- No rear facing camera means no video editing.
- Device management at the enterprise level still has not been addressed by Google.
- A computer is still more important for teaching and learning than a mobile OS. When your school doesn't currently have either.